Mechanical Engineering Department
Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences
Affiliate Faculty Member
Interdeparmental Neuroscience Program
2145 Sheridan Rd.
Evanston, IL 60208
Projects and Areas of Interest
- Current Members
- David Pekarek
- Benjamin Tovar
- Alex Ansari
- Tim Caldwell
- Elizabeth Jochum (Theater at CU Boulder)
- Elliot Johnson
- Lauren Miller
- Jarvis Schultz
- Vlad Seghete
- Andrew Wilson
- Yoke Peng Leong
- Tasnim Tanveer
- Matthew Travers (now at CMU)
- Corrina Gibson (Undergraduate at CU Boulder)
- Kristine Snyder (Applied Mathematics at CU Boulder)
- Mataya Horowitz (Undergraduate, now at Caltech)
- Katy Powers (Undergraduate, now at U Penn)
- Kirk Nichols (Undergraduate, now at JHU)
- Brian Shucker (Graduate--also worked with John Bennett) and is now at MIT Lincoln Labs
- NSF: Physical Design and Feedback Control of Hybrid Mechanical Systems.
- NSF: Hierarchical Planning, Estimation, and Control for Hybrid Mechanical Systems (with Kevin Lynch at Northwestern)
- NSF: Collaborative Research: Major: Puppet Choreography and Automated Marionettes (with Magnus Egerstedt at Georgia Tech)
- AFRL: Data Association and Sensor Management Algorithms for Tracking Applications (with Lucy Pao at the University of Colorado)
- NSF: Collaborative Research: Abstraction-Based Motion Programs for Complex, Interconnected Systems (with Magnus Egerstedt at Georgia Tech)
- NSF: CAREER proposal through Civil and Mechanical Systems: "Planning and Control for Overconstrained Mechanisms."
- NSF: Assessment of Controls Laboratory through Alternative Learning Technology
- National Instruments has provided research support (including support for the CAREER proposal) and has supported the classroom controls laboratory (ECEN 4638).
Me right after college.